Integrating WPMS and Mautic to achieve seamless integration for both "Independent Study" (IS) and cohort-based (CB) learners.
Initial course targets (for January): LiDA, IP
- by default any learner enrolled in a course is tagged as an IS learner.
- a learner's status in a course (IS v CB) is determined by their Mautic Contact's tags (WPMS needs to be able to determine tag status) that the learner can manage in the Preference Centre (Wayne building for Mautic).
- absolute-time-critical submissions are frowned upon (because it's difficult to achieve relative timezone times in Mautic emails)
- a learner can "register" for a course via Mautic (they'll be instructed to create an account with the same email address on course site)
- when a learner views their WP profile information, it automatically informs them of their Mautic preferences.
- when a learner changes their WP profile information, it automatically updates their Mautic preferences.
- integrate timezone awareness for learners, with regard to email timings, e.g. assignment due times, etc.
Linkage between a Course Site and Mautic should require Course Admin control (on/off).
- when on, any learner who enrols is automatically signed up to the appropriate Mautic Segment,
- when off, a learner is not signed-up, but their status must be pending in case the course is turned on.
Naming convention for a Course-enrolment Segment is
Full name: the course code + (Independent Study|Cohort) + date (YYYYMMDD) " for " + Partner Code (OERu|...) + + " via " + source (WordPress|Mautic) , e.g. "LiDA101 Independent Study 20181205 for OERu via WordPress "
alias: course code +"-"+ is|cohort +"-"+ date + "-" + partner code (oeru|...) +"-"+ source (wp|mautic), e.g. "lida101-is-20181205-oeru-mautic"
Note: we only have one "Independent Study" Segment per year, which will have the date it was created in the year (or YYYY0101 if created in a different year)
Naming convention for a Course-announcement Campaign - which are driven by Segments - is
- Full name: the course code + (Independent Study|Cohort) + "Announcements for" + Partner Code (OERu|...) + date (YYYYMMDD), e.g. "IPM101 Independent Study Announcements for OERu 20181205"
- Category for a campaign: course code (need to research this in case there's a more useful option)
- ability rename course-related segments
Note: we only have one "Independent Study" Campaign per year, which will have the date it was created in the year (or YYYY0101 if created in a different year)
- start date + end date
- system can determine:
- next cohort (or "no cohort scheduled"),
- current cohort (if any),
- past cohort (with dates, if any)
- system logic:
- offer independent study
- offer next cohort (if any)
- offer future cohort (beyond "next", if any are specified)
- offer current cohort (if within "cut-off" time, e.g. 2 days past cohort start)
Create a reference "single source" calendar, e.g. on docs.oeru.org
- for each course + partner combination set up rules for cohort start times
- If a new User is created on WP, a corresponding Contact is created in Mautic (same email, First, Surname). The email is the key.
- If a User updates their Profile, update any relevant changed fields in the corresponding Contact (based on original email)
- If a User is removed, ''do not'' remove the corresponding Contact
While enrolled in at least one Course, a User becomes a Learner.
- If a User enrols in a Course, add them to the appropriate Independent Study Segment (by default) ** If no default (one-per-year) IS Segment exists, first create it (and an associated Campaign) according to the naming conventions.
- If a User unenrols from a Course, automatically remove them from whatever Course-associated Segment they're enrolled in (there should only be one).
Note: future plan is to allow the Learner to select a future Cohort as an alternative to the current default of IS.
- When reviewing the Mautic status of Learners enrolled in a Course, display the current IS Title (with a link to the Segment and corresponding Campaign).
- Allow the Admin to modify the enrolment status of groups of Learners (a selection list of Segments including IS and Cohort-based) and an "enrol in Course" or "unenrol from Course" options. ** If a Learner is added to a Segment for a Course, remove that Learner from other Segments for the same Course.
- Allow the Admin to specify a new Cohort date, and create the Segment (and Campaign) according to the naming conventions.